A global effort is needed now and in the months ahead, to fight the coronavirus or COVID-19 pandemic, according to the United Nations, and the organization is demonstrating how cooperation in all corners of the world is helping lessen the effects of the virus on the most vulnerable.
UN Secretary-General António Guterres was deeply saddened by reports of the loss of lives and destruction in Vanuatu, Fiji, the Solomon Islands and Tonga, according to a statement issued on Sunday by his Spokesperson.
- Yemen can’t survive war on two fronts, top UN envoy tells Security Council, as coronavirus outbreak looms
- First Person: DR Congo doctor prepares for latest in long line of health crises
- Ghana’s 63rd Independence Day celebration in pictures
- ‘Deliberate starvation’ tactics used in South Sudan could be a war crime
- Cameroon: UN officials raise alarm over escalating violence, call for civilian protection
- ‘It’s your future to define’, says UN deputy chief, urging young African leaders to push for Global Goals